How to Draw Graffiti Art
Learning how to draw graffiti is an artistic skill that is actually quite desirable. While it is usually associated with vandalism, graffiti is commonly used to paint murals on city walls and presented at urban art shows.
If you want to know how to draw graffiti so you can paint the sides of walls and trains, please don’t. It is against the law. But if you just want to know how to draw graffiti so you can make your notebooks look cool, than by all means follow these steps:
- Write out your name or word and leave a lot of space between the letters with a pencil.
- Start experimenting with different shapes and sizes of the letters, using round and sharp corners.
- Once you have your basic form down, make the edges stand out by making the lines thicker, and use varying sizes. Use thick lines on one side of the letters and thin ones on the other side to give it a 3D look.
- Add more design and detail to the letters and edges to give your art personality.
- When you are satisfied with your graffiti, make the image permanent by using a heavy black marker to outline the edges. Color the rest in with marker or colored pencil.
The first step in learning to draw graffiti is to actually learn to draw regular stuff like cars and houses etc… You may think this sounds stupid, but if you know how to draw cartoons, you know how to draw graffiti letters.